Honey Bunch

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fruit Juicing Day 3

Well it has been 3 days since I started the juicing.  I really haven't noticed a big change in anything yet. I am drinking a 12 oz glass 3x's a day, and the one thing I do notice is that I am not hungry! I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.  In my mind I look at it that it is a good thing because my body must be getting things it needs.  I am hoping that with time I will see other benefits.  I know that I really need to start a vegetable juicing.  MarcAshley has a 5 day detox with mostly vegetable juice, and I know that my sister has told me to use the Dr. Oz vegetable green drink.  I plan to start that once I have used up all the fruit. 

I have been doing a little research on fruits since I have started this. There are 23 superfuits and the benefits of each one I found really interesting.  But for today I will list what I am putting into my drinks and the benefits of each one of those.




1. Apples - 5 0r more a week can better your lungs.  The skin of the apple (which I am not getting may have to eat it after I peel it) contains quercetin - an antioxidant that is an antihistamine and anti-inflammatory.

2. Bananas - We all know of the potassium which helps blood pressure.  Bananas also contain a Resistant Starch - a healthy carb that fills you up and boosts metabolism.

3. Citrus (lemons and limes) - Packed with fiber and  Vitamin C. The Citrus contains Sienglamage which regulates oil glands and prevents age spots!  (a big yay on the last one!)

4. Oranges - of course we all know it contains lots of Vitamin C; potassium, calcium, fiber foliate and has some B Vitamins.

5. Watermelon - Contains the antioxidant Lycopene which is essential for heart health.  More than 2x's the amount of Lycopene than is found in a Tomato. Also high in Vitamin A and C. 

There are several other fruits I want to add to the mix since I have read up on the 23 Super Fruits.

Here is the website that I used to read about the fruits!  

23 Superfruits you Need Now!

So here's to healthy eating! 

 Oh and by the way....I did get into my scrap studio yesterday and played a little so hopefully I can finish my project up and share that with you within the next few days!

Hugs from the heart,

Becky




1 comment:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Becky! How are you feeling? I love that you shared your fruit juicing experiences! And I hope that you are able to finish your scrapping project. I would love to see it!!! HUGS to you, my friend!