Well it has been 3 days since I started the juicing. I really haven't noticed a big change in anything yet. I am drinking a 12 oz glass 3x's a day, and the one thing I do notice is that I am not hungry! I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. In my mind I look at it that it is a good thing because my body must be getting things it needs. I am hoping that with time I will see other benefits. I know that I really need to start a vegetable juicing. MarcAshley has a 5 day detox with mostly vegetable juice, and I know that my sister has told me to use the Dr. Oz vegetable green drink. I plan to start that once I have used up all the fruit.
I have been doing a little research on fruits since I have started this. There are 23 superfuits and the benefits of each one I found really interesting. But for today I will list what I am putting into my drinks and the benefits of each one of those.
1. Apples - 5 0r more a week can better your lungs. The skin of the apple (which I am not getting may have to eat it after I peel it) contains quercetin - an antioxidant that is an antihistamine and anti-inflammatory.
2. Bananas - We all know of the potassium which helps blood pressure. Bananas also contain a Resistant Starch - a healthy carb that fills you up and boosts metabolism.
3. Citrus (lemons and limes) - Packed with fiber and Vitamin C. The Citrus contains Sienglamage which regulates oil glands and prevents age spots! (a big yay on the last one!)
4. Oranges - of course we all know it contains lots of Vitamin C; potassium, calcium, fiber foliate and has some B Vitamins.
5. Watermelon - Contains the antioxidant Lycopene which is essential for heart health. More than 2x's the amount of Lycopene than is found in a Tomato. Also high in Vitamin A and C.
There are several other fruits I want to add to the mix since I have read up on the 23 Super Fruits.
Here is the website that I used to read about the fruits!
23 Superfruits you Need Now!
So here's to healthy eating!
Oh and by the way....I did get into my scrap studio yesterday and played a little so hopefully I can finish my project up and share that with you within the next few days!
Hugs from the heart,