Honey Bunch

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thrifty Thursdays Challenge ~ Week #1

Hi to all my friends, family, and others that just might be surfing the net and looking around. I know I have been gone for several months.  My life has just seemed to turn upside down.  We have been trying to get the estate of my mother in law settle and have her memorial in Colorado this summer. In addition to all that goes along with the  Spring and Summer months, you know like gardening, weeding, spending more time in the sun, all that stuff.   We had 3 grandchildren graduate from Kindergarten this year.  That was so much fun to get to see each of the programs and how cute they looked.  Well at least I thought so...but I am the grandma.  The summer brought with it a few short camping and fishing trips also.  And we can't forget the trips to Grandma's house for my grandchildren who don't live in town. So my time has been very active and it seems like my blog and my creativity has went to the way side.

I also reorganized and remodeled my craft room which I will share all the goodies of that in another post.  I adore my room now!  My next hurdle is finding the time to spend in there.  With all of this said and the apologies to my followers for not being around, let me tell you what I am starting and hoping it will become a regular submission for my blog, that is if my reader's enjoy it.

This is the first week of posting a THRIFTY THURSDAY! Each week I hope to post a project and then challenge you to use product from your stash.  You of course can create any type of project for your choosing and see how many of your products you can use.  Why Thrifty Thursday?  I have heard women say that create and scrapbook...."We have too much stuff, I forget to use that, I want time to create!"  So here's to getting out your tools, papers, embellishments that you have on hand, and carving out just a little bit of time for you to have fun! After all we work hard at our jobs, in our homes, and taking care of our families.  We need to take care of ourselves too and there is nothing better than some therapy time to scrapbook and create.

Here is the project I have created:

With Christmas being right around the corner I thought now is the time to start getting those cards done.

Here is all of the products I have used.  See if you can do a project and include all of them too!

1 Piece of patterned paper
2 pieces of Card stock
Dry Embossing - 2 patterns
2 Shades of Ink (I used white and then just went around the snowman for some dimension)
a punch
a die cut - machine or store bought
ribbon
button
twine/fiber
bling - 2 colors
Chalk (used a peachy orange to create the carrot on the snowman's nose)
Stickles in Frosted Lace

So there you have it!  A list to challenge you!  I hope you have fun creating! And please leave me a comment if you find this challenge to be fun!

Hugs to you all!

Becky

1 comment:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Becky! What a great idea! I definitely need to use up things in my stash!!!! I am looking forward to all of your Thrifty Thursdays posts!!! I love the wonderful snowman card you made!