Honey Bunch

Friday, September 26, 2014

Follow Your Heart Junk Journal

Hey friends, family, fellow bloggers!

Well I told you that I would post the rest of the journal later...and since it's later then today is the day! :)

This was a fun little project for me. I know my Great Niece Dani liked it. I really don't know what all the supplies were that I used as  I just started creating and didn't keep track. 


This is the front and back covers of the book.  I believe that the main papers were from My Minds Eye and the polka dot paper is from Brenda Walton Maisson. I really had a hard time with my stamping on this book. I thought it was ironic that the creativity stamp rocked on me...oh well! Practice makes perfect right?

This is the first page of the book. Again I believe it's My Mind's Eye paper.  The photo on the right shows the tag that can be pulled out.  All of the smaller papers from 6x6 paper stacks from Teresa Collins Memories and Prima Printery. I also used a Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch throughout the book.


The back of page one has a small pocket with a tag. I also added a rik rak and small clothespins that she could add things to.  Each section has sheets of notebook paper and ends with a blank sheet of cardstock that she can doodle or draw on.



This was just a fun little page to do.  I created two little 6x6 pages that had pull outs for more journaling or pictures. I intentionally did not over embellish this book so that Dani could add her own touches to it. I really like how the Teresa Collins mixed with the Prima Printery gave the book a fresh yet kept that vintage feel to it also.
















I created a water fall page for the next section.  I felt this would be a great way to display some photos. Following is each of the waterfall pages and the papers that were used.




 I also created another hidden pocket behind the waterfall with a page to be pulled out.
























Below is the back of the waterfall page.









The last set of page dividers is above.  Just another little pocket and a page where she can slip things into it. I hope you've enjoyed this little look at my first attempt at a junk journal. 
 I did use We R Memory Keepers Cinch to bind this little book.

Hope everyone has a weekend full of happy times and scrappy times!

Hugs! 
Becky

3 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your journal, Becky. All of the layers and little pockets make is so special. It's absolutely beautiful!

Francine said...

Wow Becky - this is amazing. When you showed us the front cover, I didn't realise you had made the whole book from scratch! Great job. I'm glad your great niece liked it.

Becky said...

Thank you my friends! I had fun! In fact two more are in the works changing it up a bit and trying to write a tutorial. So be watching!