Honey Bunch

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Stampin Up Star Tutorial adapted for Cricut

Hello everyone!  I don't know if you remember that gorgeous Christmas Star Ornament that was featured on the front of the Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalog.

If not here is a link to the tutorial on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9UtY7_9oY 

You will want to use this video to help you along with the process of putting these together.

Well I really got to thinking that this could be done using the Cricut, so  I just had to try!

First let me give you a list of supplies that you will need to make this.

Machines I used:
Cricut Expression
Sizzix Big Shotz
Martha Stewart Scoring Board

Good adhesive
1 Sheet Double sided Patterned Card stock ( I used the paper from SEI Alpine Frost Collection)
4"x12" Piece of Coordinating Card stock or Patterned Card stock for rosette.
Bakers Twine in coordinating Color
Scoring tool
Pop Dots
20" of a 3-4" Wide Tulle ( I found mine at a dollar store!)
 2 Buttons and Small Rhinestones

For your pieces you will need to find 2 different oblong shapes to cut on your Cricut.

I used:
 Art Philosophy Ornament 2 (Page 47 in the book)
Christmas/Noel Solutions Ornament 1 Cut in the black out option.
2-3" Circle  I used the Art Philosophy Snowflake 2 (Page 27 in the book)

With the Paper Saver Option on
Using your double sides patterned card stock cut 15 of ornament 2 from Art Philosophy at 2".
Without removing your paper cut 15 of ornament 1 at 3" from the Christmas/Noel Solutions.
Again Without removing your paper, Cut a 2" Snowflake from the Art Philosophy; then cut a second snowflake at 1-1/4 inch.

Step 2. Score along center of each ornament shape.
 Step 3 Fold on score lines and adhere together as shown below using the 5 sided snowflake as your base to form a star.  When adhering the smaller ornaments together make sure the other side of the patterned paper is to the top.



Next Cut your Tulle into 5- 4" pieces.
 Fold and scrunch. Add in between the star points. I used hot glue on this part.
 Add your smaller ornament to the top of these.  Make a rosette using the Tim Holtz Bigz Die and adhere to the center.  Take your Baker's twine make it into a large bow, then adhere to the center of the rosette.
 Take your button and rhinestone, adhere to the top of the bow.

 

     
I forgot to take a picture, but I adhered the smaller snowflake on the back in the center of the larger snowflake using pop dots and adhered a button and rhinestone to the center of it.

So there you have it.  That gorgeous star adapted for the Cricut!

I hope you have fun making these.  I just couldn't help but to do a whole bunch!

Hugs!

Becky 

4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW Becky! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Your adapted it perfectly to use with your cricut!!! I love the way it turned out. thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. And thanks for your visit to my blog too! You made my day!

Shannon Kemp said...

Awesome job!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi again Becky! Just stopping by to say "hello" and to tell you that I have been thinking about you!

Toqua's Crafts said...

Oh.My.Gosh!!! That is gorgeous Becky!