Honey Bunch

Friday, April 5, 2013

Burger and Tower Family

Hey my friends.  Well I hope spring has came to you and is there to stay!  The last few days have been beautiful...but oh my...the clouds rolled in a little yesterday, sunshine this morning, cloudy again this afternoon...and tonight....it's downright old Mr Winter out there!  Brrr.  I want the sunshine!

Just a quick post with the next 2 pages in the book.  These are my mother in law's great grandparents on her paternal and maternal side.  It is so awesome that she had these wonderful photos and certain members of her family have taken the time to find out about all the genealogy information.




The patterned papers are some Anna Griffin paper that I have had in my stash for eons.  I bought a kit from QVC I bet it was 10 years ago!  But I still love her papers...so elegant and perfect for heritage books.  The flowers red flower I got at WalMart in the clearance bin, the little beige roses are from Recollections for Michael's.  That beautiful stick pin on the top layout was made by a friend of mine at scrapbook.com  Bonnie Pratte.  The pearl spray is from the wedding supplies aisle, the little cherish sticker is from K & Co. Ancestry (?) collection.  There's a little brown page hanger on the top Layout from Close to My Heart, as well as the pearls.  The photo mats were cut with my cricut from I think the Storybook, Cartridge.  I cut them at 7 1/2 inches.  The smaller cuts with the family information on the tower page were Cut with the Art Philosophy Cartridge from Close to My Heart....and that gift was a Christmas gift from my oldest son and family...Thanks guys!  I also used some Antique Linen Around the distressed edges, and sewed the pages with my sewing machine.

Here is some inspiration for you. I am currently working on this sketch from Flying UnicornIt is their current Monday Mojo Challenge Sketch. 
 
Isn't this just gorgeous! Each Monday they post a sketch and you have a week to complete it. 
 

I am hoping to get it done and a tutorial written for you of how I did it.  So stay tuned!


I found this quote on a stamp from Close to My Heart...and just have to share it here:

The Family is the link to our Past
And Our Bridge to the Future
 
Hugs!
 
Becky


1 comment:

Francine said...

Becky, these are my favourite pages from your book. I love the top one, especially the embellishment cluster and just had to pin it. I don't have a cricut - wonder if I could cut some mats like those by hand?