Honey Bunch

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Is it really Easter?

ok...this is getting ridiculous on my part!  I feel like I am leaving all of my friends and family just hanging out there.  I have been busy working my fingers to the bone with getting the Heritage Albums done.  Yes I said albums...as in plural.  There were so many wonderful photos....one book just wouldn't hold them all.  I will try to do better in keeping in touch with you my friends, and sharing my life.  But maybe it was better that I wait.  This way you can view the album page by page from beginning to end.  Sometime's there are reasons things go awry.  Enough of my babbling...let me share with you today the Opening Page of my mother in law's Heritage Album.

This page is filled with photos of my mother in laws family.  The top photo on the left is a picture of her with her dad.  The center row photos are:  Far left:  This photo is a 4 generational photo. My mother in law as a baby with her grandfathers and dad.  The first grandfather pictured is her Grandpa Burger, that is her Great Grandfather Burger holding her, and her Dad beside him.  What a precious treasure to have.  The second photo is one of her Grandmother Burger with my mother in law and her siblings.  My mother in Law is standing in the back on the left hand side, with her sister Kay and brother Jim, in front of her is her sister Belinda and thier little sister Kim is with Grandma.  The middle circular photo is one of her Grandma Donoher....don't you just love that adoring look she is giving her precious grandchild.  The next photo is her mom.  We are thinking that the baby is Belinda, but it may be Kim.  I found this photo and knew it had to go in the book...it is such a beautiful photo.   The last photo in the center row is a picture of all her siblings.  On the bottom is a picture of her Grandma Burger's parents and thier family.  It has taken me quite awile to track down who is in alot of these photos because none of them were marked...and a few of these were actually negatives that someone had scanned into thier computer and put onto a disk...and they didn't know who they were either! 

This page was created using a gorgeous embossed paper that my mother in law picked out when we first started talking about me doing a book for her.  These are K & Company Brenda Walton Juliana Papers, flower stickers, and photo corners.  I cut the die cut gate using my Cricut Expression and the Ornamental Iron Cartridge.  The cut was made at 7" and then mirrored and cut to get the second gate.  The word "Family" was cut using the Home Accents cartridge and the word Memories was cut using the Home Decor Cartridge.  I also used a Jolee's Boutique Frame for the center photo. The heart charm is from an Anna Griffin Kit that I probably bought 10 years or more ago!  The side lattice was made with an EK Success Border Punch.  The cardstocks are both Bazzill.  I inked the creme cardstock with a little bit of Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink.  

Thank you for taking the time to visit me...and I will try to do better and bring you more quickly.  There may be a tutorial tucked in once in a while...(if I can remember how I did things!....wink.)

May you all have a Wonderful and Blessed Easter!


Hugs!

Becky

1 comment:

Sharon Fritchey said...

Hi Becky! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! What a nice surprise it was for me to see your smiling face! I want you to know how much I love this layout that you posted! It is absolutely beautiful. I hope you and your family had a very happy Easter!