Honey Bunch

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Once Upon a Sketch

Hey Friends!  I haven't been abducted by aliens or went on the missing persons list. I really don't know what happened to the last half of 2012!  It seemed like my life has just went into this one big whirlwind!  Even 2013 has started out with alot going on.  I guess that means that I am out there Celebrating Life.  So I hope you forgive me for not being around. 

I (as alway)s have set goals for 2013 and that is to get some of my projects off my shelves, out of thier boxes and finished!  Let's hope I do better this year than last.  I am right now starting to do a heritage album for my mother in law's 75th birthday.  I am hoping I can get alot of it completed over the next 3 months.  Today I wanted to share with you a couple of layouts that I have done.  One of them using the January sketch from "Once Upon a Sketch".   This sketch is due January 25th...so if you hurry you may be able to play along!

Here is the sketch: 
And here is my rendition of it.


This is my mother in law's Grandmother and family on her maternal side.
I decided to break out some of my papers and embellishments that I have had stashed away for probably 10 years!  I used Anna Griffin papers, Cardstock is by Paperabilities, The little lace sticker that is peeking out on the right side is from Mrs. Grossman. The Rose is a Prima, and the flourish is  a cut I made with my cricut using the Home Accents Cartridge, using some sandy beach glimmer mist and walnut ink to color it, and adding pearls from the Mocha collection at Close to My Heart.  Of course the inked edges is nothing other than Tim Holtz Ink...my favorite! 

As always thanks so much for visiting my little part of the world wide web.  Seeing you here is always a joy!

Until next time....

Hugs!

Becky

4 comments:

Chantalle said...

What a beautiful keepsake for your family Becky. Gorgeous layout, love the colours. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

EFI said...

Lovely page Becky! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Andrea said...

The layout is wonderful. The colors go so well together. I love the sepia look of your photos and embellishments.
I also participated with a layout, please have a look if you like http://paperscrapsandscissors.blogspot.com
Andrea

Micupoftea~ said...

Nice vintage page- love the doilies! Hope you have a nice weekend & HAPPY Spring~
shawn