Honey Bunch

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Twin Baby Girl Mini Albums with tutorial

Hi all!  Wow where did the month of May go?  I guess the saying time flies when you are having fun is true!  I will have to share some of the fun things in my life during the month of May on another post.  But I had said I would be sharing some minis with you and a tutorial ....so here we go!

My friend and "my grandson's"  other grandma....ordered a couple of mini albums for a baby shower present. The mom is expecting paternal twin girls.  These books were fun to make...and I tried to make them the same, but different ...just like those baby girls will be.  The tutorial will be for how to make the rabbit embellishments. 






These are the rabbits we will be making in the tutorial.




All of the papers are from a Debbie Mumm Paper stack that I found at Joann's a couple of years ago. As well as some pink, green, and french vanilla card stock from Bazzill.

The Tutorial:

Supplies needed:
White or Ivory Card stock
Pink Chalk
Twine
Cotton Ball
Tweezers
Adhesive
(2) Wiggly Eyes 5/8"
Circle Template
Elongated Heart Template
a Small pre-made bow or you can tie one yourself from 1/4" ribbon




You will need to cut a 3 1/2" circle for the rabbits head. If you are placing the rabbit along the bottom edge of the page like I did you will need to cut off about 1/2"- 3/4" along the bottom.

Then cut an elongated heart at 3 1/2" for the ears, and cut this in half.  You will need to slightly round the cut edge at the bottom of the ear so that it does not have a little point that is left behind from the center of the heart. 

I used the Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge for both of these.

Using Pink Chalk and a small pea size piece of cotton held with tweezers, go along the inside part of the ear slightly to shade. 

Place the ears on top and along either side of the circle, slightly overlapping them about 1/4" on the top.  Glue the ears down on the outside edges.  I took one ear and slightly crinkled it up so it would have some dimension and added a couple of pop dots underneath.
Find the placement for the eyes.  You don't want them too high.  Using a good adhesive adhere to face. Chalk the face with pink for the cheeks.
Using a small punch heart punch; punch 2 hearts  for the nose add 3 pieces of twine for the whiskers and glue between the hearts and adhere to the face.  
Create a small line down from the nose for the mouth.
Attach the bow to the top where the ears overlap. 
Adhere your bunny to your page....if you haven't been doing so as you construct it.
For the mini rabbits I used a 1-1/2" Circle punch and a 1-1/2" heart.

Hope you have fun with this....and that this tutorial is clear.  Any questions....please don't hesitate to ask!

Hugs!

Becky 

5 comments:

Francine said...

Becky these are gorgeous! I love the rabbit embellishment that you made too. I'm sure the recipient will be very happy with them.

Toqua's Crafts said...

Becky, 'Mom' *LOVES* these albums. They are so wonderful. I was truly blessed to be able to see them in person. THANK YOU so much for making them for me!! They were a GREAT gift for 'Mom'.

Hugs,
Grandma Toqua (the 'other' grandma of MY boys :)

Lainie said...

So pretty, they're really lovely Becky.

Shannon Kemp said...

Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful. Need one for my first grandson.