Honey Bunch

Saturday, April 28, 2012

We Have A Winner!

Hi friends!  Wow what a hectic week it has been and as I sit here and write this tonight I am exhausted.  But I know you are all anxiously awaiting the results of my remodel contest.  Can we have a drum roll from someone?.......

The Winner is Celina/ScrapVamp!  She got  a score of 5  out of the 6 questions...one of them being a bonus!
Coming in at a tie for second place is Lynndee and Toqua with 4 points! 

Congratulations Celina!!!!!!!
And thank you ladies for following along.

Thank you all!  Celina/ScrapVamp I will be getting ahold of you to double check your address.  You have one more question to answer before you get your prize......what colors are your bathroom done in? 

So here are the answers of the things I have chosen....

Choices, Choices, Choices Answer.  Even though I sent this one back it still is counting for the answers.  That baby on the bottom is almost 3" around...it just looked like a huge pipe!  The bonus answer was brushed nickel!

  Question #2 was on Splish splash....I opted for the walk in shower because of my disability and I could not find a tub that was the right size to replace the existing one.

Is my life sinking?  Not on this answer....love my sink!  This can be either drop mounted or as a vessel.  We are leaving it as a vessel sink to mimic the look of that large tub.  That is if I ever find a vessel faucet that I love. :)



Tic, Tac, Tile Was option #4 from Desert Design.  Oh my this tile looks so much better and has so much more character than this one piece did!  Loving it!


Decorative Accent Tile is from Lowe's.  You won't believe how hard it was too find the perfect accent piece.  I also added a small bronze liner to go with it.


 Here are some pics of before and during the remodeling process. 

Here is a picture of my bathroom before.  I know this pic doesn't look that bad, but that plastic tub had yellowed over the years and you cannot see the caulking that we had smeared on those vinyl wall boards where the vinyl was peeling off.  We also had nailed the drawer  fronts back on in a couple of the drawers. So you saw these tiny nails on the front. Definitely time for an update! 


YEAH!!!! Splish splash...out goes that bath!!!!  My husband just took a saw and cut that baby in two!

That little wall came down...but a new wall will go up in it's place!


Look, Look, Look!  The shower is almost finished!  I am just loving it! 

Here's the New Shower!  I just love it! Sorry this isn't the best picture.  In this picture the grout haze needs a second wipe down.  So it looks a little hazy. Viper Glass came out and measured for my shower doors and they will be installed in about 10 days.  The cabinets have been measured for that alcove and the vanity but they won't be in for about 4 weeks.  So this is as far as we can go at the moment.  But my brain and body are needing a little break from all of this.  I will try to get a better picture of the shower and post it in a later post, when we have made more progress.  You can't tell but the shower floor has a brick pattern to it. Am I capturing the feel of the inspiration bath? 

Again Thanks to all of you for following and playing along. 
Hugs!

Becky

PS...my next post will have twin mini albums with a tutorial!


4 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

WooHoo! How cool! My bathroom is done in a deep red and some gold (in the towels), with bronze fixtures and accessories. Thanks so much Becky! And your bath is looking beautiful!

Toqua's Crafts said...

CONGRATULATIONS Celina of Scrap Vamp! How exciting for you!

Becky... it's coming together! Hopefully I'll have time to come see your progress so far when we're in town Mother's Day weekend. I know some kids that really could use some hugs.

Micupoftea~ said...

SO glad the project is wrapping up and you are happy. Can't wait to see your pocket card :)

Lainie said...

It looks absolutely wonderful Becky. I just love your new shower!