Honey Bunch

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Choices, Choices, Choices!!!

Hello to my blogger friends!  Thanks so much for all of your encouragement and willingness to follow me on my remodeling endeavor.  This past week I have just been going through choices of every detail.  Boy are there a lot!  Imagine yourself in the store and the clerk is trying to help you with all of these.  Of course she has the sweetest voice and acts like she has the patience of Job but you can tell she just wishes you would hurry up and make a decision.
Cabinets: What door style, what color, do you want that in maple, oak, cherry, alder...OK that's fine now do you prefer to have clear wood or knotty? Do you want a glaze on this we have several colors to choose from to accent them, and we have various lines from your basic contractors special to deluxe in the way they are built.  Any options with these?  Do you want a built in hamper, drawer dividers, a  tall linen cabinet, adjustable shelves? 
"Let's move over to this display" Sinks: Vessel, Drop In, and Under mount? Now will that be in:  China, Solid Surface Type, Glass, Porcelain, and yes we do offer some steel.  
"Now what are you thinking about for the flooring": Tile, Wood look, or Linoleum? I would not put carpet in your bath area too much mold and mildew, and real wood doesn't work well, neither does laminate because of all the moisture.
"Do you want a tub or a walk in shower?"  and just what style of tub would that be exactly. A step up garden, soaking tub, jetted tub, air bath, the never ending overflowing tub that fills from the ceiling, or how about a sit down tub that has the door that you open on the side. So I ask: If I open the door to get in the tub what happens to the water?  Her response is: Oh no you can't open the door once it's full, you sit in the tub and wait for it to fill up!  I'm thinking Whaaaaat?  And she continues: Now that we have went over the various tub options let's move on to Shower doors: These are the styles we offer in them: Fully framed, Euro Frame less Sliding Doors, A "S" Curve to the glass on the front, you can also have a swing out open door for the shower should you opt to do that, but what type of glass would you like in that honey we have lots of patterns to choose from. Oh you're not sure yet what you want to do?" Let's just go back here and take a looksy at these then, 
Counter tops: Laminate, tile, solid surface, and the oh soooooo luxurious granite.  
Faucets:  I'm thinking to myself: "What happened to the days of here's your basic chrome faucet with a hot and cold knob?"
Last but not least.....the wide array of Tiles 12x12, 6x6, 12x9, 8x8, porcelain, ceramic, natural stone....then you have an array of options to enhance that tile: liner tiles, listellos, mosaic, brick, glass, copper, rock.... the list just goes on and on! Well now, Do you really need to take all those samples home with you?....and you say you are looking around on the internet too?"  

Have I got your mind whirling as much as mine is?  Need I say any more about the rocking and reeling feeling of which way do I go? 
but I am happy to announce I have made 2 decisions this week!!!! I ordered my faucets!  Woo Hoo...aren't you just as excited as I am? (little bit of sarcasm undertone said with that)

Since I ordered my faucets this week....and as we all know  unless you are getting body sprays or something luxurious a shower faucet is a shower faucet.  So I am going to play a game with all of you while I am going through this selection process .You can try and guess which one I chose.  You can only guess once each post. At the end of this remodel the one with the most correct answers will receive a little prize from me. .  But here are some options that I looked at for my faucet.  Which one do you think I chose?




Option 1

Option 2
Option 3

Option 4

Option 5
Option 6

Do you dare to try for a bonus point....and guess which color I chose?  Chrome, Nickel, Bronze, Gold, Stainless? 
Thanks for playing!

Hugs!

Becky

Oh by the way:  All these photos came from Overstock.com.
and psst....there really isn't a sales lady...it's just the voices in my head! 

12 comments:

Lainie said...

Love that beautiful bathroom!! Wow!
Hokay keeping Glady's bathroom in mind I'm going to go with options one or three.

Toqua's Crafts said...

I'm going to say option #1 in bronze.

:)

*MY* grandson is getting to be so big and he is so smart!

:)

Kathy and Ed said...

I am going with option 4 and bronze.
Beautiful choices...Did you save a lot by using overstock.com

Phyllis said...

I'm going with option 5 in Bronze' . Can't wait to see which one you chose, and all your other choices!

Nichole Koch said...

LOVE your inspiration bathroom, I'm going with option 5 and bronze.

lynnndee said...

Love your inspiration bathroom pic! I was thinking #5 in bronze. but I see someone else has picked that so ..........

I choose #5 in nickel.

good luck making all those remodeling decisions.

Scrap Vamp said...

I'll go with Option 4 in Satin nickel.

Scrap Princess said...

Option 5 in Bronze! :)

Becky said...

I am having fun reading everyone's answers! I also got a couple more entries...my sister emailed me hers.
My sister Sue chose: Option 4 in chrome
Pat from Okla chose: Option 1 Bronze.
she said she had tried the word verification 8 times and finally gave up. So I will correct that matter and take that off! I don't think a robot would be posting here anyway! ;)

Francine said...

Becky I'm going for option 1, in bronze.

Crafting With Blue said...

im saying 1 bronze

Anonymous said...

Option4 in Chrome!

Sandra/Nanasan