Honey Bunch

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Guy's Prom Layout and Tutorial

Hi Friends and family!  I am partaking in a swap over at The Crop Room II.  The winner of the swap asked for a layout for her grandson's prom.  She had several photos and so I wanted to create the space for them as well as enough room for him to journal his evening at the prom.

I created the frame, the border across the middle of the fold out and the tickets from my new favorite Cricut Cartridge Art Philosophy.  I also used my old favorite storybook for the hinges and the gears are from a punch from Stampin Up.   Other products used were: Bazzill Cardstock, Close To My Heart Double sided Cardstock for the fold out, My Mind's Eye Printed Paper, Close to My Heart Mini Brads, Tim Holtz Game Spinner, Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Black Soot Inks.

Would you like to know how I created the fold out?  Here is what I did:

Take a 12x12 piece of double sided cardstock and score at 6 1/4 inches
Turn it 1/4 and score at 3" and 9 ". 


Trim approximately 1/16  to 1/8 of an inch off on the score lines at 3" and 9" on the short side,stopping at your 6 1/4 inch mark.
Fold all of these up and then fold your sides in making sure to keep the outer edges aligned.  If the paper tries to buckle when you fold it in you will need to trim off a little more.


Use your corner rounder or Decorative Punch on all the square corners.


Embellish as you wish!

Have Fun!

If you try this would you mind letting me know and telling me where I can find a picture of what you do?  I love seeing what everyone comes up with!

Hugs!
Becky

4 comments:

Francine said...

Becky - TFS the instructions for how you made the fold out bit. Great idea to cut out that small bit of paper to keep the fold less bulky. I love the fancy middle bit ... makes me think of a wrought iron gate.

Toqua's Crafts said...

This is wonderful! You have so successfully captured the "manly" aspect.

Did you the giveaway I'm having? http://www.toquascrafts.com/2012/02/year-of-dragon-pendant-blogiversary.html LOW entries! !

Francine said...

Hi Becky, I'm back! I just wanted to reiterate how much I love your work (in fact I think that we have similar styles) but also to let you know that I have an award for you over on my blog!

Sharon said...

WOW Becky! This is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing your tutorial with us! I love how the page turned you - very beautiful. I also want to thank you so much for your prayers for my mom. She is home recuperating now!