Honey Bunch

Saturday, January 7, 2012

What happened?

I am sitting here with coffee in hand this morning feeling lost.  Not sure what direction I want to take for 2012.  You know we always set those goals and have those dreams for the coming year and look forward in anticipation as to how we can make it happen and hopes that we will see it unfold.

The last part of 2011 seems like a blur.  So much so that I have trouble recalling little details of life that I should be remembering and savoring the memory.  I got very busy with Women's Ministry, we took a vacation to Arizona to visit my husband's mom, and then their is always the normal hustle and bustle of the holidays. I always have a booth at the annual Winnemucca Crafter"s Christmas Craft Show, which because of procrastination took up so much of my time to get ready for.

Then on Dec. 21st just when I felt like I was going to be able to say....ahhh...I can enjoy the holidays with my family and grandchildren, I got the call that my mom passed away.  As I sit here this morning I feel such a loss.  For the past 2 weeks I have been able to cope fairly well, knowing that she is dancing and singing on the streets of heaven and in a much better place than she was here.  My beautiful mother had battled with Alzheimer's for the last 6 years of her life.  She no longer was my mom as I knew her growing up.  At her passing she went quickly and the nurse said "with a smile on her face".  I praise God that her end was not one of pain or other type of illness, but that she slipped into the arms of God quietly and with a smile.

So my friends and readers I am not sure what 2012 will bring for you or for me.  But I hope you will come along with me for the journey.  I am praying that we each will find that peace within ourselves that let's us be who we are and accept whatever comes our way in life.

As Always...

Hugs!

Becky

2 comments:

Micupoftea~ said...

Heartfelt condolences..I've lost 1 parent and 2 inlaws~ so sad. Thinking of you~

Andrea Slee said...

I'm SO sorry for your loss!!!
(Big Hugs)