Honey Bunch

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scrabble Tiles

I am hoping  this finds everyone rested after Labor Day and not exhausted from all of the activities!  This past week I did not finish all of the sketches that I placed on here although I had fully intended to do that!  However, with that said I did get to  have a fun time with friends and take a scrapbook class in Battle Mountain.  We created little tiles out of scrabble pieces. 

Here is the sketch that was given us and the directions I hope that this will come through large enough for you to read them. I know I promised you all a tutorial and since I am still in the process of doing that I hope that this will fill you in for awhile.
Now here is what I came up with once I came home and printed out pictures.  When I saw the little images given us for the tiles I knew that I just had to use the little boy and girl and do a layout about when my granddaughter was visiting this last month and we made paper dolls.  I water distressed, inked, tore, edge distressed,  border punched,  used the Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, embossedand just had fun embellishing!  
The large scallop circle on the right hand side pulls out for the journaling about our time togetherShe got to stay with us for two weeks and boy did I have fun with a little girl in the house!  I think she did too! At one point she told me she was never going to leave, but live with us forever!  (Sorry mom and dad!)

What memories are you creating today?

Hugs!

Becky

3 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

Such a beautiful page, Becky!

Gerry van Gent said...

Becky, what an adorable layout is this? Beautifully done! Hugs ~Gerry~

Toqua's Crafts said...

SO cute (and the granddaughter too!)