Honey Bunch

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Challenges....finished!

Hi everyone!  Well I have been in my therapy room for the past couple days and finished the challenges I had signed up for, along with the Sketch from Scrapbook Challenges this week.

The first Layout I would like to share is for the Heritage Challenge at Scrapbook.com

This Layout is of my husband's great grandparents, his grandfather, and his mother when she was a little girl.  I used Webster's Pages Spring Market Collection, as well as other papers and embellishments from my stash.  The yellow and orange flowers were made  by a dear friend of mine Sondra aka Scrappy by Design. 

I also  completed the challenge for Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #264.   All of these papers I have had  forever, and I decided to use up some of those brads that I have way too many of! 
This Layout was challenging to me creatively...I literally had it done and tore it apart!  But when I look back through my grandson's book, the style fits with everything else I have done there. It also was a challenge to me mentally, because the content brings on alot of bittersweet memories and feelings.

There is one last challenge I did for at The Crop Room II.  We have a challenge each month for a card sketch, a layout sketch, and a section called create.  Here is the card I created...however it looks nothing like the sketch!  I really struggle when it comes to making cards too....I don't feel like I have gotten the hang of it, but I will keep trying.

This card was made entirely from scraps.  The background on the rub on shows teal, but it really is green and matches the background.  I made this for my husband in celebration of our 26th wedding anniversary today!

Hope you find inspiration in things around you, and that you can find the courage to scrap moments that don't always leave you with the happiest of feelings.

Hugs!

Becky

4 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

Yay, for finishing up! I love all your creations, Becky!

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

Wow! Amazing work, Becky! And woohoo!!!!!!! Great job finishing your challenges!!!

Gerry van Gent said...

WTG, Becky! You did an amazing job with your projects! Hugs ~Gerry~

Toqua's Crafts said...

I am SURE I know that little baby boy!! :)

Wonderful job!!