Honey Bunch

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August Challenges.

I have found a little time to create this month even with the whirlwind of activity.  I am in a few challenges over at scrapbook.com  One of them being the Darker Side Challenge hosted by http://scrapvamp.blogspot.com/ , a Cricut challenge hosted by Norma where you need to create 3 LOs or cards, or home decor using your cricut, and a heritage challenge hosted by Martica, and last but not least a Boy layout challenge hosted by http://www.arkmom-scrappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/.  I haven't quite finished all of the challenges as of yet, and have combined a couple.  We will see if I actually get these all done!  Sometimes I need the little push a challenge gives me to get something done.

This layout I created for the Darker Side Challenge with the theme Enchanted Forest and it also counts as one for the cricut  challenge since I used the Storybook Cartridge to make the embellishment to the left of the photo, the circles, the butterfly and the little hinges.  I cut the large embellishment out twice from cardstock and then pop dotted the silver swirl paper on top.  The photo was taken after my son's wedding in the yard at the church.  The bride had wished for snow on her wedding day and God answered that wish.  There was new fallen snow when they left the church that evening.

With this Layout I used again the storybook cartridge for the branches under the flowers, I believe it was accent essentials for the scalloped mat and the scallop around the clock, and tags, bags, boxes and more for the title.  I water distressed and rolled the edges of the Basic Grey Black Tie Paper.  The large black flourish was a rub on I found at my local $1 store and most of the flowers were used in artificial displays at the wedding.
This layout shows my daughter in law to be, her bridesmaid and the flower girl getting ready.  Our calm cool and collected bride by this time was getting a little stressed.  She is seen having her hair done and adding ribbon to the sheer sleeves that we created.


This is a very simple banner I created for our Vacation Bible School at church.  We needed something and it had to be done that day!  So I quick grabbed paper, stamps and white ink  from Close to my Heart and (what cartridge is my favorite?)  Storybook and created this, then hung it from some jute twine.
So I have now completed  my cricut challenge for the month along with the darker side challenge.  Let's see if with grandbabies coming in for 10 days and making 150 wedding invitations if I can get the other 2 done!  

So just a head's up...if I'm not around it's that I have my lap full of grandchildren or my hands full of paper!

Hugs!

Becky 

1 comment:

Gerry van Gent said...

Becky, your layouts and your banner are fantastic! ~Gerry~