Honey Bunch

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Crop Room II-Sheffield Sleepover Retreat

Hi All...well let me share with you the end of my vacation.  On our way home from Colorado I caught a flight from Salt Lake City and flew to Arkansas for a 5 day scrapbooking retreat with internet friends from The Crop Room II.  Our hostess was Nana Jenny.  Every year she opens up her home to her online friends for a retreat of scrapbooking and fun.  It was so much fun to finally meet these wonderful women that I called my friends before we ever met!

Upon arriving I was greeted with the most warmth anyone could imagine!  The room was filled with the love of friends from the start.  No awkward moments.  Such beautiful friends that I have been blessed with.  Here is a few pic of those that I met:

Back Row: Susan, Lois, Me, Janice, Micki w/ Tyler, Sondra(aka ScrappybyDesign), Kathy, Jenny
Front Row: Debbie, Arlene, Austin, Aunt Chuck

Several of us brought along projects for everyone to create or a new technique for us to learn. We created a couple different notepad covers taught by Arlene and Kathy.  Sondra taught us how to make a one page wonder mini album. Jenny had us do Christmas Ornaments, Janice taught us iris folding and a little 3D Basket made from 2 sheets of paper...adorable item for use as centerpieces. I taught them how to make roses from Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die that I had seen on a youtube video. There were also several cards that were made for the cards for soldiers projects.  

Here is a project that I created while there and left for our hostess Jenny as a Thank You gift.



These are just a few of the pages from this Paper bag album.  If you would like to see the entire album you can view it in my gallery at scrapbook.com.  I used Linen Closet papers from Die Cuts with a View. 

 While in Arkansas we ate at the infamous Larry's Pizza!  Which is a local pizzeria...that has dessert pizzas too!  The Bavarian Creme Pizza was wonderful.  All in all a wonderful, relaxful, fun filled month of June! 

Hope your June was filled with as much fun and blessings as mine!  I can't believe that July is almost over.  Where it the summer going.  Hopefully soon I will be able to share some other creative goodies with you and more of life's precious moments.

Until then remember to:
celebrate life, capture the moment, create memories!

Hugs!

Becky

5 comments:

Micupoftea~ said...

Wow, what a fun 'retreat' with special women! And you came away with great memories and a wonderful album! :)

Sharon said...

Hi Becky! This looks like an amazing and fun time! I love that album!!!! (P.S. I nominated you as one of my picks for the sweet blog award!)

Cindy deRosier said...

I found your blog via Sharon's. What a neat retreat. I LOVE the album you made.

Patricia said...

Oh, how fun!!! Found your blog through Sharon

reneabouquets said...

Oh lucky you! What a fun time and opportunity to get to know other scrappy friends. I bet they just loved you! Wonderful album and memories that you got to take home!