Honey Bunch

Friday, March 25, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall

Here I am again involved with giving a layout away!I really do enjoy creating things for others.  At The Crop Room II we have the Kween of Kits every other month with random drawing for a winner.  That person then gets to choose themes for her Layouts all the other participants choose the theme they want to do and then create  a Layout or a Kit for the winner.  

For the Month of March/April Lynnndee was the winner.  She had a theme of a little girl sitting at a vanity table.  The picture she will be using are her grandaughter playing at her vanity table wearing a crown.

Here is the Layout I did based on that theme and this sketch that I posted a long time ago.


Sorry the picture is a little crooked.  I used Bazzill Cardstock and K&Co Classic K Charlotte paper pad for this layout.  Of course as always my cricut was right at hand...the frames and the scallop circles were made from the Accent Essentials cart, for the little bird, branch, crown and flourish I used Home Decor Cartridge.  The branch was cut out of white cardstock and I colored it with Tim Holtz Inks in Brushed Cordorouy, and Vintage Photo, gave it a spritz of walnut ink and when that dried topped it off with sandy beach glimmer mist.  The roses and flowers were some I have had in my stash forever.  Pulled a few pink buttons, bling, pearls and bows that I had and embellished.  I also added a Heidi Swapp Mirror in Pink. The journaling tag is from a Close to My Heart Kit.  For the title and quotes I used computer fonts LD Wedding, and Book Antiqua.  Sorry I didn't right down all the dimensions for this Layout this time.  Hope you will gain some inspiration for your pages...and a big thanks to suepup for providing such a beautiful sketch!!!









Here are a couple of close ups.  Very new to this!










I have also had some requests for a tutorial on the tissue technique that I did on the letters. So I am hoping that in about a week I can do that for you. Right now my dear husband is on his 7 days off...so I don't usually get alot done during this time.


Until next time....
Hugs!


Becky



2 comments:

Fritchey said...

So lovely, Becky! The swap person who gets this page is very lucky!!!!! I love all of the beautiful details!

Starr said...

I love your lo Becky!