Honey Bunch

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Initial Letters Swap

Hi there!  I have been involved this month with a letter swap hosted by Martica over at Scrapbook.com.  There have been some beautiful letters produced.  This really took me out of my comfort zone, but I had alot of fun with it.

The letters were wooden letters purchased from Michaels.  I then used a tissue paper technique to cover them, this always gives the finish a little bit of distressed, old world finish.  I made the creme colored roses using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die Cut and this tutorial.  Before cutting these florals out with the dies I used a  Tattered Angels Stamp and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to add a design.  Then I cut them out and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Cordorouy.  I also made the tulle rosettes.  The off white chiffon roses were some I have had in my stash. 


Thanks for always giving me such inspiration to create!

Hugs!

Becky

6 comments:

Fritchey said...

Oh wow, Becky! These are gorgeous!!!!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Woow Becky those letters look amazing,such a fantastic work on decorating them!!!
Thanks for your visit on my blog!

Scrap Vamp said...

You did fantastic on these, Becky! They are truly beautiful!

Toqua's Crafts said...

Becky, those are BEAUTIFUL!! You did AWESOME! Hugs "other grandma"

Micupoftea~ said...

love the soft, sophisticated color :)

Nerrida Mitchell said...

Weel done for going out of your comfort zone - you excelled at it. The letters are beautiful!