Honey Bunch

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sugar and Spice

Here is a Layout to share! This is my grandaughter when she was 3 months old in her first Easter Dress.  I have seen so many beautiful Layouts done in the monochromatic scheme of white over at scrapbook.com that I just had to try it...however I just couldn't leave it all white!  I started with a white base of Bazzill Cardstock, added a doily that I found at my local dollar store.  I then needed a buffer between the doily and the picture because I wasn't sure if it was acid free, so I added a circle, stitched around it, and lightly diestressed the edges.  I then added a lace border with my Martha Stewart Scalloped Lace punch around 1/2 of the photo.  I cut the butterflies out on my cricut using Home Accents Cartridge.  I first stickled the butterflies with white, but wanted them to have more sparkle so while the stickles was wet I added some Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter on top.  I used I Want 2 Scrap Pearl flourishes, some flowers from various places...Thanks ScrapVamp for the little white tulle flower!  I used Cream Puff Font for the title printed from my computer, used some Donna Dewberry Lilac ink on this, folded and pop dotted it for the ribbon effect.  The side border strip was created using Martha Stewart Floral Lace Border Punch with some white lace woven with a lavendar satin ribbon.  I also creased the side border so it would have some dimension.  Hope this inspires you to try something new!

Hugs!

Becky

6 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

Oh, my goodness, Becky! This is so sweet! I love the white with lavender!!! The doilie and punch work are awesome and I love how you laced the ribbon through the paper!

Micupoftea~ said...

WOW....so blessed! Love this ultra feminine page! :)

Fritchey said...

Absolutely the sweetest and lovliest page, Becky! I really like the touches of violet here! And that photo is just awesome!

Imaginative Me said...

Wow, That turned out gorgeous! Look at those cheeks! Draiko is getting those same exact cheeks now!

Toqua's Crafts said...

This is a GORGEOUS page!

The Blue Zoo said...

Aw, she is SO adorable!