Honey Bunch

Friday, February 11, 2011

Oops! A tidbit you may want to know!

I am so upset...and just thought I better share what I did today!  I was beginning to create a layout and wanted to use my Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Punches.  I was using my favorite Bazzill Cardstock.  Well when I punched the corners they turned out fine, a little hard to punch because of the thick cardstock, but it worked.  Well when I went to use the border punch it got stuck...no biggie I've had that happen before.  Pushed down on the lever a second time to get it unstuck and I heard a snap.  Well guess what my punch broke.  So if you have Martha Stewart Punches please do not use them with a heavy cardstock!  I would hate for this to happen to you!  These punches are so expensive and I thought they would be built a little better than this.  I guess I learned my lesson!

Hugs!

Becky

P.S.  If you have used the punches on heavy cardstock and not had this problem will you please let me  know...it may be that I had a faulty punch.

3 comments:

Kristin K. said...

Yep...that is what happened to me. I thought I did something wrong...but I own lost of punches so I know how to use them. But it happened to me while using cardstock. Glad to hear it just wasn't me, but sorry your punch broke.

Micupoftea~ said...

This happened to me too....I broke my favorite scallop doily edge MS punch!! BOOHOO! I will never use Bazzill (the 'good stuff'=thicker wt) again in my MS punches!
:(

Fritchey said...

Hmmmmmmm . . . Martha Stewart's punch seems to be pretty cheesy if it can't even punch through Bazzill cardstock. And you are so right, they are really expensive!