Honey Bunch

Friday, February 11, 2011

Cowboy

Well I can't believe it is already Friday!  Where did this week go?  It went by way to fast.  Just wanted to share a LO that I did this week.  Tried some new things with this. 

I got to play with my Tim Holtz Regals Embossing Folder and all I can say is Oh Wow!  His embossing folders emboss such a great deep image.  I also tried something new for me and that was using cardboard for the background.  I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Inks, along with Hero Arts Soft Grey and a few mists of  Tsukenko Walnut Ink to create the background on the cardboard. I also water destressed the cardstock.  The stars were made by using Close To My Heart Shining  Star Stamps.  I then sewed around the outside...very roughly...and cut them out, finishing them off with the embossing and a copper eyelet.  The border strips were made from some leather look embossed paper that I bought ages ago and attached with Making Memories brads.  I finished it up with some chipboard by Lil Davis Designs for the Title, added a couple of buttons, and strung the stars with jute from a Close to My Heart Photo Hanger.  

Wa-la...completed Layout.  This is my youngest son when he was about 12 years old and heading out the door for his first day of school.  He always looked so cute in his cowboy gear.  ...well at least Mom thought so!

Have a fun weekend!

Hugs!

Becky 

3 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

Awesome page! Love the cardboard and stars! Really rugged and cool!

Micupoftea~ said...

Wow, great LO Becky! I like the texture and the masculine touches. The stars and string add so much. Great color scheme, nice photo :)

Fritchey said...

What an amazing and beautiful page!!!! I love everything about it!