Honey Bunch

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scraplift Challenge with Tutorial

Hi Friends!  Today I would like to share with you a simple 8x8 layout I did for a swap at The Crop Room II.  There was also the challenge there to scraplift yourself or someone else.  Well when I got the swap layout done I liked it so much I just had to make one for myself to include in my grandson's book.  I am going to include a tutorial with this so you can scraplift it if you like.


Here are the layouts I created. If you notice I rotated the Layout for my own page.

Here is the supply list of what you will need:

  • 1 sheet of patterned paper - cut to an 8x8 size
  • 3 sheets or scraps of coordinating cardstock
  • 1 package of stickers or diecuts.
  • 5/8 inch wide ribbon
  • baby ric rac
  • buttons
  • 1 large brad
  • DMC Floss
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
  • Pop dots
Tools used:

  • Cricut Expression
  • Cricut Accent Essentials and Home Accents Cartridges
  • Edge Distressing Tool
  • Paper Cutter
  • Adhesive
  • Needle
Got your supplies together?  Let's begin.
  1. As I mentioned above cut your patterned paper to an 8x8 size.
  2. Cut one 4x6 piece of cardstock for your photo mat.
  3. Cricut: Using your Accent Essentials Cartridge Cut the Top Note Image 48s at 2 1/4" out of your lightest cardstock, then cut the Image Frame 48 from a contrasting cardstock.  Assemble your journal block.  If you don't have a Cricut  you can make your journaling block by cutting a 2 1/4" square and then adhering the lighter cardstock at a 2" square on top.
  4. Using the Home Accents Cartridge and cardstock cut Image "Love-s" at 2 1/4".  This will give you just the heart portion of the Love accent.
  5. Cut an 8" piece of 5/8" ribbon, and a 5" piece of baby ric rac.
  6. Taking your DMC Floss at 3 strands, Tie it onto the buttons.
  7. Using your distressing tool or the blade of your scissors distress the edges of the photo mat
  8. Using Tim Holtz Distressing Ink: Ink the Edges of the Photo Mat, Journal Block, and Heart.
  9. Add pop dots to the back of the journaling block and the heart that you cut with your cricut.
  10. Referring to the Layout adhere all elements.  Tips:  *You will need to trim your photo by 1/4 inch on both sides to fit it onto the mat.  *The ribbon is wrapped and adhered to the backside of your layout by about 1".  If you scrapbook in the 12x12 size, just adhere this to a 12x12 sheet!
There you have it a simple LO completed! 

Hope you enjoy your day and if you follow this tutorial I would love to see your Layout!  Just leave me a comment! 

Hugs~!

Becky

Here is my supply list: Imaginisce Bubblegum Patterned Paper; Bazzil Cardstock,: Teal, Ivory, and light blue, Michael's Blue floral ribbon; Wrights Ric Rac in Blue Mist 911, Close to My Heart: Green Flower Edge Anchor and Cordoruoy Brad; Dress it Up Buttons Innocence; Studio 112 Heart Stickers; Micron 05 Black Pen; DMC Floss #712; Close to My Heart Edge Distresser; Tim Holtz Distress Ink vintage photo; Scotch Pop Dots; ATG Gun; Cricut carts: Home Accents, Accent Essentials, Plaintain Schoolbook (for stars)

2 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

You did a great job with this, Becky!

The Blue Zoo said...

So cute!!