Honey Bunch

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Challenge Layout Jan. 2011

I am having so much fun so far in 2011!  I have a layout to share with you that I created for a couple of challenges.  The first challenge is for "The Darkerside Challenge" at scrapbook.com which is hosted by scrapvamp each and every month. I also did this challenge for another invitation only website The Crop Room II.  The challenge was to use black, white and silver.

The Darkerside Challenge this month was titled : "Blood and Roses"

This is my oldest son and his beautiful wife, when they were married in 2005! Wow how time flies!
I used Basic Grey Black Tie paper for the background.  Bazill Cardstock in a Dark Red, a black cardstock for the photo mats and a white cardstock for the flourishes.  The flourishes were cut on my Cricut using the Home Accents and Home Decor cartridges.  I wish I could tell you at what size I cut them, but these were actually some I had cut out just playing and had them in my scrap basket.  The black pearl flourish and the red pearls are from I want 2 scrap. The red paper roses are from Offray?  I bought them about 6 years ago at WalMart. I distressed the edges of the photo mat and used hero arts silver ink.  The little white butterflies were actually used as the petals for the flower girl at the wedding. The little white daisies were also used at the wedding.  I used a rub on that I have lost the mfg package information to, as well as the silver flourish paper did not have a name on it.  One last little detail is the silver double heart that can be purchased in the wedding aisle at WalMart.  Can you tell that we only have a WalMart in this town...and no craft or scrapbooking store? 

I hope that today you will be creating wonderful memories...either on paper or with those you love!

Hugs!

Becky

1 comment:

Scrap Vamp said...

Gorgeous page, Becky! Lvoe the color combo and the white flourishes are amazing! Wonderful work!