Honey Bunch

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day by Day at Walt Disney World! Day 3

Sept. 24th


In front of the fountains at Epcot

Today we ventured over to Epcot.  We went on the ride Mission Space...advanced version or orange I think it was called.  You go into this small area and are strapped into cockpit like seats with a monitor screen in front of you.  Before the ride began I began to hyperventilate.  In front of me was this monitor box that was black...and it looked like it had spiraling boxes.  I told my husband, "I can't do this, I need out!"  He of course said "Well it's too late now, just breathe!"  Once the monitor screen opened up to pictures I began to calm down.  For a moment though my heart was racing out of my chest.  In the end it was a fun ride!  I am such a baby when it comes to amusement park rides.  I think it comes from a too sheltered upbringing! LOL!


My husband in front of the Mission Space Building

We went to Mexico and rode the Three Caballeros boat ride, which was cute with the animation of Donald Duck.  Our favorite spot for the day was Norway!  We rode the Maelstrom Viking Ship and found the little history building very interesting.  Of course being of Norwegian decent, I was especially interested.  We had dinner at the Biergarten in Germany.  The food was excellent!  Wish I could find sauerkraut like that in the store!  They had entertainment of musicians and you could get out on the floor and dance.  However, we opted to just watch everyone else.  The Italian Pavilion was just gorgeous and I had to go shopping.  I ended up picking up some Prada Iris Cologne there.  yeah...I have found another fragrance I like! 

Norway


Italy
We also went to the USA and watched an interesting show with animated figures of Ben Franklin and Mark Twain.  I loved some of the quotes on the walls.  The room was the replica of the Oval Office.  Very Pretty!

The highlight of my day was ....yep you guessed it meeting another "celebrity"...I got to meet Snow White!  I got so excited and told her she was my favorite princess.  She asked me if I had seen any other princesses that day and I said...No you are the only one I care to see!



We stayed at Epcot until the Park closed.  The Illuminations Fireworks show was amazing!  After the fireworks show we went through The Seas with Nemo.  I was totally amazed at the 3D Technology and how they made Nemo and friends look like they were inside of a real fish tank!

One more day....I just keep pinching myself...because I can't believe I have got to meet Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...a dream come true!  LOL....yep Disney brings out that little girl in you!

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho it's off to bed I go!

Catch ya tomorrow!

Hugs!

Becky

No comments: