Honey Bunch

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Darkside Challenge for July

Hi All!  Here I have another Layout I did this past week for a challenge over at scrapbook.com.  It is being hosted by a scrapper friend, who does some awesome work that is totally different than anything you see!  She is very creative! 

You can view some of her work at her blog:
http://scrapvamp.blogspot.com/

I decided to try her challenge because it would make me think outside my box and try something new!  Plus with it being darkside challenge with words to a song, I felt the colors fit perfectly with my son and daughter in laws wedding and of course there is always that first dance! 



I love this picture of them!  Their song was Iris by GooGoo Dolls.  Here is the story behind it...if I get this wrong my daughter in law can correct me.  Apparently on the night of what they consider was their first date, my daughter in law was closing up at work.  Since it was just the two of them,  my son went and played the song Iris on the Jukebox and then took her in his arms and danced with her.  So with this song their relationship began.

Materials used on this Layout are:
Basic Grey BlackTie Background Paper
Die Cuts for Grown Ups for Hearts. ( I had to glimmer mist the red one with Wild Current to get it the deep red I was looking for)
Bazzill Cardstock
Storybook Cricut Cartridge for the photo corners, Plantain Schoolbook Cartridge for Circles.
Stickles in Platinum
Silver Ribbon was used at the wedding as well as the charm and the butterflies
Vellum Quote Unknown purchased at the Dollar Store
Hero Arts Shadow Silver Ink
DMC Embroidery Thread
Close To My Heart Red Ink
Close To My Heart Distressing Tool

Thanks scrapvamp for this challenge! 

So my challenge for you today:  do something that forces you to think outside the box and enjoy the creative process!

Hugs!
Becky

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Very pretty page! It's gorgeous.

Imaginative Me said...

You are correct about the story and song. He pulled me off the counter to dance with me. He was so romantic back then!
You did a great job with this layout, it's gorgeous.