Honey Bunch

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday's Inspiration - An Encouraging Word

Today I slept in.  I didn't make it to church. I was really getting upset with myself for not setting my alarm, and missing out on the blessing and teachings that God may have wanted to show me.  So I sat down with my Holy Bible, and in prayer asked God to teach me something today.  And you know God will always teach us if we just have an open heart and listen.

He took me to the passage of Hebrews 10:23-25

Here God hit home with me again everything that I had been feeling.  These verses talk about how we are to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, how we are to remain in fellowship with our church so that we can encourage others.  It isn't about what blessing will I recieve but it is about what blessing will I give! 

In the devotional that I read along with these verses it said that "You can either be a stepping stone or a stumbling block as a Christian.  It's your choice".  This is what the writer of Hebrews was saying: we can be that stepping stone that spurs one another on.  When we choose to encourage others we not only benefit the person we are encouraging, but we will experience the joy as well.  So as we go through our days we need to take action when we think about others.....

........maybe all they need is a phone call, a card, even an email to brighten their day.

Choose to be a stepping stone for someone today!

Becky

1 comment:

Imaginative Me said...

That's pretty awesome, Becky. It really inspires me! Love you!