Honey Bunch

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Year Older...

Yesterday I turned another year older. However, I don't feel it! I didn't have a festive party or big bang of a day. I spent most of this day in bed sick. My highlight was taking phone calls from loved ones!

I sit here and remember how as a child I anticipated the big birthday parties. With my mother by my side and helping me make decisions I remember making out invitations, planning the games that we wanted to play: drop the clothespin in the bottle, musical chairs, pin the tail on the donkey to name a few, picking out the perfect outfit...and being so excited! Oh those simple pleasures of life. We never had bouncy houses in the yard, or had to go to the bowling alley or swimming pool. It was always a party at home, with home made decorations, a house full of friends and family. Being surrounded by love. What awesome memories. Memories of a simpler time and lifetime of having love through family and friends.

May your life be filled with one of simple pleasures and love.

Hugs!

Becky

No comments: